Mi Box 4K Specifications
- Software: Android TV 9.0 (Pie)
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 quad-core 64-bit processor
- GPU: Mali-450 (750 MHz)
- Memory: 2 GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 8 GB eMMC
- Ports & Connectivity: 1x HDMI 2.0b output, 1x USB 2.0 (Type-A), 3.5 mm audio out, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth: 4.2
- Others: Dolby Audio 5.0, DTS 2.0, Dedicated Google Assistant, Chromecast Ultra
- Power Input: 5.2V, 2.1A
- Box Contents: Remote control, User Manual, Power Adapter, HDMI Cable
- Price: Rs 3,499
Software & Features
The Mi Box 4K boots into the latest Android TV version 9.0 with the stock interface, no Patchwall OS found as we know, the Patchwall OS is a customized Android TV interface for Mi TVs. The software is up to date with March 2020 security patch.
As it’s a stock-based Android, you may not see many pre-installed apps on the system, but apps like YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, and ZEE5 are available on the device and you can install more from the Google Play store.
The UI also gives additional perks like Data saver to save data by adjusting the video quality and extend the watch time. You can make use of the USB port to connect a pendrive or hard disk and play the content stored in it. The performance of the video playback is very smooth, there’s hardly any hiccups while playing from the USB.
The Mi Box 4K comes with a built-in Chromecast Ultra which means you can easily cast content from other devices on the TV. If you want to mirror your smartphone’s screen on the TV, it’s possible thanks to the Chromecast Ultra. It also has Wi-Fi802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2 as connectivity features.